System Philosophy

root
Site Admin

System Philosophy

Post by root » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:25 am

If you remember the original Electronic Bulletin Boards that sat on phone lines in the early 1980's, none of what I'm about to say should be surprising to you. My first message board ran on an 8-bit Osborne computer with 64K of ram and a single 1200 baud modem on a dedicated phone line. The year was 1983.

You're currently logged into a computer that is owned and operated by me, and sits in my house. That makes you my house guest. I like my privacy, and I respect yours. You might have noticed that you were not even asked your name when you registered to use this system. You can reveal as much or as little as you like about yourself. Just be aware that the Internet is the world's biggest spy tool, and I don't control it.

What I do care about is how you act when you are here. If you are polite and treat other users with respect you will have a standing invitation to return. You're free to disagree with any post, of course. That's what discussions are for. But let me remind you of what you agreed to when you signed up:

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “billkuykendall.com” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “billkuykendall.com” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “billkuykendall.com” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."

I will not censor your posts. I won't be your conscience or your parent or your babysitter. If you violate any part of your agreement, scribble drivel on people's serious discussions or try in any way to be a nuisance, I might warn you once -- or even twice if I'm feeling generous -- but ultimately I will simply revoke your access if I decide that I no longer want you in my home.

Welcome, my friends. Feel free to put your feet up on the furniture and let your hair down -- and I shall endeavor to make this site worth every penny it's costing you. ;)