What do you think about this economy?

If you think this is misspelled, you need to watch Idiocracy.
wek

What do you think about this economy?

Post by wek » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 am

I'm very curious about how many of you actually think about the economy we live in these days -- and what you think about it if you do. I have to admit that I was (for want of a better term) obsessed with that subject for a number of years not that long ago. Now it crosses my mind infrequently, and I usually wind up dismissing it because... WTF do I know for sure? This economy has already defied all of the predictions I've made (and all of the pundits' predictions that I have followed) in the past decade. I don't keep a record of such things, but I'll cop to having believed that "this is the year this economy is going to collapse" every single year since 2010. Peter Schiff (who predicted the 2008 crisis spot on) has been saying (for a few years now) that the next crisis will be so devastating that it will make the crisis of 2008 look like a rehearsal. In December, the stock market dipped rather scarily for a week -- and Peter Schiff was practically crowing that "the big one" had already started. [Like being right about something like that is a good thing.] 2 days ago I saw an article trumpeting the fact that the "market" has closed higher for 9 weeks in a row now. Really? I'm ashamed to admit it, but I didn't even bother to check whether that is true or not. I certainly would have in the past. But I digress. The state of Journalism today is a topic worthy of it's own thread.

I think I'll stop here for now. It will be interesting to see what everyone else here thinks. After all, that's the whole point of this system.

Bill K.